Experience our Orthodontic procedures
We create a beautiful, original, amazing and an everlasting SMILE.
Orthodontics or “braces” can be helpful for both children and adults. They can straighten crooked teeth, correct the spacing between teeth, and improve bite patterns, contribute to healthy teeth/gums and prevent future dental problems, thus improving the appearance of your teeth and smile.
People have their teeth straightened for a variety of reasons. These include dental health, appearance, speech, better chewing etc. Among these, dental health is the most important. Poorly aligned or crooked teeth are difficult to keep cleantherefore giving rise to decay and gum problems.
Braces used in orthodontic treatment need time to work. This generally takes two to three years. The braces are fixed permanently on to the teeth until the completion of treatment. Special appliances called retainers are fitted after braces treatment to hold the teeth in their new positions.
This depends on the type of orthodontic problem. For jaw-related cases, treatment generally starts while the child is still growing. This is between the ages of 9 and 11. For mal-aligned teeth unrelated to jaw problems, treatment can usually be delayed until all the primary teeth (milk teeth) have changed to permanent ones.
There is no age limit for orthodontic treatment. Adults can also benefit from orthodontic treatment – Adult orthodontics.
Orthognathic surgery is a corrective jaw surgery which has to be done when there is a skeletal problem with the jaw that cannot be treated with braces.
To download the instructions to be followed during orthodontic treatment CLICK HERE.
This is custom heading element
Orthodontics is the branch of dentistry that deals with the position of teeth and jaws and its corrections. Crooked teeth are harder to clean, are more prone to tooth decay and periodontal disease. It also affects a person aesthetically. Timely intervention of such problems can help maintain a pleasant and healthy set of teeth that can last a lifetime.
How to detect if you need Orthodontic intervention
It takes the help of an orthodontist to determine the need for orthodontic intervention. Using clinical examination, X-rays and plastic models, an orthodontist can chart out a treatment plan for you if you need one.
Some of the reasons why an orthodontist intervention is required are determined using the abnormalities while biting:
- Buck teeth or increased overjet: lower teeth too far behind the upper front teeth when biting.
- Crossbite: upper teeth do not come down in front of lower teeth.
- Openbite: the gap between the front teeth when back teeth bite together.
- DeepOverbite: upper front teeth covering the lower front teeth in when the back teeth bite together.
- Crowding: All teeth unable to accommodate in the dental ridge.
- Spacing: missing teeth creating gaps or teeth that do not fill up the mouth.
How Does Orthodontic Treatment Work?
Orthodontic treatment is done using different appliances. It may be fixed or removable. It works by helping move teeth, and retrain muscles. They work by applying pressure on the teeth and jaws to reshape the problem.
- Braces are the most common fixed appliance. It includes bands, wires and brackets. They are used to tighten the teeth and bring them to their proper place. It is a fixed appliance.
- Specially fixed appliance is used to control tongue thrusting or thumb sucking.
- Fixed space maintainers are used in cases when the milk tooth of a child is lost prematurely. It keeps the space open until the permanent tooth erupts.
- Aligners are alternatives to braces. They are removable and can be taken out for cleaning.
- Removable space maintainers serve the function of keeping the space open till permanent tooth erupts.
- Jaw repositioning appliances are used to reposition the jaws to a favourable position, they are used to treat temporomandibular joint disorders.
- Lip and cheek bumpers are used to create a space between the lips and cheeks that might exert a pressure on the teeth.
- The palatal expander is used to widen the arch of the upper jaw.
- Removable retainers are worn to prevent the movement of the teeth to previous positions after correction.
- Headgear is used to slow the growth of upper jaws and holds the back teeth where they are while pulling back the front teeth.
Where to find Orthodontic treatment in Bangalore
Bangalore has some of the best medical facilities that offer state-of-the-art tech and equipment for all medical needs. Orthodontic treatment in Bangalore is easy to avail and affordable. It does not require much effort to find a good specialist. With the city booming, some of the best orthodontists have set up service in the heart of the city. One can always avail orthodontic treatment in a hassle-free manner.
Contact us for orthodontic treatment in below areas
- Orthodontic treatment in Indiranagar
- Orthodontic treatment in Old Airport road
- Orthodontic treatment in Murgeshpalya
- Orthodontic treatment in Jagdeeshnagar
- Orthodontic treatment in LBS nagar
- Orthodontic treatment in Basavanagara
- Orthodontic treatment in layout
- Orthodontic treatment in Byrasandra
- Orthodontic treatment in Vignananagar
- Orthodontic treatment in Kaggadasapura
- Orthodontic treatment in HAL
- Orthodontic treatment in K R garden
- Orthodontic treatment in Vinayak nagar
- Orthodontic treatment in Rustom Bagh
- Orthodontic treatment in Ulsoor
- Orthodontic treatment in Baiyappanahalli
- Orthodontic treatment in CV Raman nagar
- Orthodontic treatment in Mahadevapura
- Orthodontic treatment in Krishnarajapura
- Orthodontic treatment in Bagmane Tech Park
- Orthodontic treatment in Suddaguntapalya
- Orthodontic treatment in Defence colony
- Orthodontic treatment in NGEF
- Orthodontic treatment in Kasturinagar
- Orthodontic treatment in Thippasandra
- Orthodontic treatment in CMH Road
- Orthodontic treatment in Domlur
- Orthodontic treatment in Jeevan Bima Nagar
- Orthodontic treatment in Old Madras Road
- Orthodontic treatment in GM Palya